Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How Lovely Are Your Branches

Real or Fake?

I'm speaking, of course, of trees.

Do you go out in the frosty air and browse among hundreds of green giants, to choose the most majestic fir? Is it simply not Christmas if you cannot bury your face in pine branches in your living room?

Or do you bring your tree down from a box in the attic? Do you assemble three parts and arrange pliable branches? Do you settle for a pine fresh candle instead?

My family has done both.

Obviously, I love the fresh, Christmasy tree. I love picking one out; I love the smell.

But an artificial tree is nothing to be ashamed of. There are some beautiful ones to be had out there. Ones that you have to get pretty close to in order to tell if they're real or not.

And as for the smell, I recently discovered Scentsicles. Ah, how delicious! Hang them in your tree for a sniff of the real thing.

2 comments:

Linda said...

We've always had an artificial tree...mostly because the idea of watering and vacumming up after a dead branch doesn't thrill me in the least! There's my Grinchness.

Unknown said...

I prefer the REAL thing...but we have used an artificial one for 7 years. I don't know why?? Maybe it's because of what Linda said...the CLEAN UP...YUCK. I use an evergreen scent every year, too...to fool my senses. It must be working! ha! Considering it's 7 years later!!