1. The calm, quiet librarian voice has the authority to silence all other voices.
2. People need answers. Librarians have answers.
3. The library is the librarian's territory. The librarians know the lay of the land, the resources, the secrets. Messing with a librarian on her turf is messing with a dragon in her lair.
4. Librarians are guarding books. Dragons guard gold, librarians guard books. Should anyone attempt to harm the books...
5. Librarians have each other. A person may come in and cause problems, but as they stand at the desk, more and more librarians will appear. One by one, another cardigan, another pair of glasses, another shrewd mind will form a united front at the circulation desk.
6. Books are heavy. And their sharp corners can be dangerous. Librarians respect the book, so they may wield the book.
7. Librarians know how to make a lot happen from few resources. This power can be used innocently in children's storytime as well as...for other things.
8. Librarians use computers. Computers holding information. About patrons. Everyone wants to have a clean record...right?
9. Cats and potted plants are very loyal to librarians. They will show up as allies if needed.
10. Librarians = Knowledge. Knowledge = Power.