Friday, September 2, 2011

Too School for Cool

So, this is my second year out of school. It's still weird.

Not gonna lie, I kind of miss school. I miss the first day, especially.

And the school supplies? Um...awesome!

I remember when I was younger (I was homeschooled) I would love organizing my desk and setting out all my new stuff. Pencils, paper, notebooks, calculator, folders...

And then at college figuring out which binders would be for which classes, printing out my schedule, making sure I had my cute purple mini stapler...

Now, no more of that. I just get to shop in stores with "back-to-school" sales and be envious of the pictures of girls in knee socks and boys in vests. Never had school uniforms; always kind of thought they'd be neat.

But the biggest disappointment of all?" Yesterday, September 1st, students headed off to Hogwarts. Once again, I am not on the Hogwarts Express. No sorting, no House Cup, no Quidditch. You know what? I'm starting to think that I'm NEVER going to get that letter...

On a more serious note... I have been waiting for my Pottermore email ever since I made it in the early sign-ups in the beginning of August. Still nothing! Thousands of devoted Harry Potter fans now know what House they're in and if their wands' cores are unicorn hair or dragon heartstrings. Come ON!

In other news, Labor Day marks my one-year annniversary as a full-timer at the public library. Congratulations to me! Hard to believe it's been that long, but I have been thankful for every minute.

Happy First Day of School, to those of you who still have them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep looking out your window Laura, it'll come! Um...I kinda can't WAIT to get out of school because I'm loaded with tests and essays right now. >:P Happy Labor Day!

Sandy said...

There's always grad school and beyond!