Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sometimes I Scare Myself

Have you ever been sitting somewhere quietly with a large group of people and get the urge to stand up and yell something crazy?

I have.

This church service would be a highly inappropriate place to suddenly scream "Blueberry muffins!" Should I do it? What would happen if I did it?

Then I get scared and think I'm actually going to do it.

Laura, you had BETTER not stand up and scream "Blueberry muffins!" Everyone would think you had turrets or something! Don't do it! Don't do it!

And I feel all antsy, like I wouldn't be able to control myself.

Must...stand...up...and...yell...

transitiontransitiontransitiontransition

Like what I did there? Now THAT'S a smooth transition.

Anyway, my computer is still beyond my reach. It is being repaired, and I do have hope, but I am experiencing feelings of anxiety. It's been almost a whole week since it succumbed to its illness, and my fingers get all twitchy thinking about it. Blog posts may be sporadic this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AGH! LAURA! I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! I have SOOOOO felt like this before! Even worse, on the road sometimes I think, "What if I took that exit? It's not my exit. I don't know where it goes. But what if?" I haven't done it yet, but I definitely get those weird "what if" urges in all different places and then have to talk myself down...I mean, don't THINK I would ever actually do it...but what if I did? And then I get scared, just like you. LOL. Glad to know I'm not alone. :-)

Linda said...

You know that I'm going to be waiting for you to scream "blueberry muffins" in the middle of church this coming week, right? I think the only thing worse than yelling something odd during church would be having a fit of giggles during a funeral (been there!). Fortunately, you can cover it up by pretending to cough or cry. You can't really cover up yelling in the middle of church.