Friday, September 16, 2011

Fallish

autumn leaves wallpaper fall leaves and pumpkins

Whoa. Wait a second.

Pumpkins and scarecrows in the window at Michael's? Fog machines on sale at Target? Sweater vests? Crunchy leaves?

Helloooooo, fall.

Not gonna lie, I don't feel super prepared for it. I mean, it's September 16. I am not prepared to put away the flip flops and pull out the boots.

Or am I?

I feel conflicted, because I love fall but I'm also scared of it. Because after fall comes that season that starts with a "w". The season I wish was only a week long. But is usually about seven months. Am I ready to say goodbye to flowers and bunny rabbits and say hello to pale skin and icicles? Hm...

I'll tell you what I am excited about: scarves. After all, I have *ahem* twenty *ahem* of them hanging in my closet, begging to be used. I tried the whole "summer scarf" thing, but it wasn't the same. So I am looking forward to casually flinging scarves around my neck.

Oh, fall. Take your time. Some of us are dragging our heels just a smidge.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I hear you! I'm glad it's not broiling anymore, but don't think I'm actually ready to turn on the heater!

Molly said...

I feel like I didn't get to enjoy summer at all so I am also reluctant for fall. However, I have much more awesome fall outfits than summer ones. I feel your pain.

I envy your scarf collection. HAha.