Friday, January 21, 2011

Water, Water, Everywhere and Way Too Much to Drink

Some observations I have made about water, which I am trying to drink more of:

1. It does not taste very exciting. Have you ever thought you were going to drink water but it was really Sprite? This is the opposite. I keep hoping it will taste better and it never does.

2. My plant, Neville, also drinks it. When I remember to give it to him.

3. It doesn't taste better if I drink it out of my big yellow cup that I just bought at Target specifically for the purpose of drinking water. And it's even called a "tumbler," not a cup.

4. It isn't a huge problem when (not if) I spill it on myself because hey, it's just water. So...that's good.

5. My skin isn't glowing yet because of it, but I'll keep you informed

6. Isn't there some disease where you become repulsed by water? I think I have that now.

7. Drinking lots of water doesn't make me stop craving more meaningful things like chocolate. Wow, I really want to eat chocolate. I know! I'll drink a huge tumblerful of water instead! Yum, that really hits the spot. I could do this all day! Not.

8. Sometimes I forget to drink it for a few hours, then feel like I have to chug it. That feels like not exercising for a few days, then attempting to run a marathon.

9. Drinking green tea can count as drinking water, since I don't add sugar. It's just water and a green teabag. However, drinking sugarless green tea is like drinking blended grass. Is this really what I've become? My only options are a big yellow "tumbler" of cold water or a mug of liquid plant matter?

10. This post is making me thirsty. Great, all this water and I'm still dehydrated.


Is this glass half-full or half-empty? Who really cares?

5 comments:

Hannah Boutilier (VRJ) said...

Great post! I feel the same way, water is REALLY hard for me to drink, especially during the winter!

jingalls said...

army has made water a normal part of life even more for me than before joining. don't chug, it makes you have to pee even more. have you considered the powdered drink mixes? i like to do that and they come in all sorts of fun and exciting flavors.

Laura said...

wise words...Yeah, I've tried the drink mixes, but don't like using them too much. Most are really sugary or chemical-y.

Unknown said...

thank you... I am now very thirsty!!

Amy Lynn Wyman said...

Rabies... Rabies is the disease that makes you afraid of water. Chances are, you don't have it.