Monday, January 24, 2011

All I Do is Dream of You

I've seen some pretty out-there books that attempt to dissect your dreams and tell you exactly what they mean. Those are a little too weird for me, but I do believe that you dream about things you want, fear, worry about...

So what do you dream about? Do you have recurring dreams? Can you wake yourself up from a bad dream? Do you ever have to convince yourself that you're dreaming?

Since I'm a worrier, my bad dreams mostly involve being unprepared or forgetting something or getting lost. I'll dream that I'm suddenly going on a trip and am running around randomly packing small things like hair elastics.

Or, when I was in school, I'd dream that I was late for class. Or lost on the way to class. Or in class realizing that I didn't do the assignment.

So apparently that's what I fear the most - not knowing what I'm doing. Good to know. Now I can work on being more prepared...

Have you ever dreamed that you had a fight with someone, then you have to stop and think for a minute when you see him/her the next day? Okay, wait. I did NOT have a fight with this coworker. We did not have a screaming battle at the circulation desk in front of patrons. Whew. Am I sure...YES. I'm sure.

I hate waking up from a really good dream. Like those dreams I have where I find all these clothes in my closet that I didn't know I had, but I really like.

So apparently that's my favorite thing - new outfits. Wait, what? Maybe I'm just sick of my clothes now...

Would you keep a dream journal? Personally, I think they're kind of pointless. The only reason I try to remember dreams is to share the weird ones. Have you ever told someone your dream in a group of people, and suddenly everyone is sharing their strangest dreams? Try it sometime. No one can resist trying to top your dream.

Well, this was kind of a rambling post. Thanks for sticking with me this far. As a reward, here's a video for you to watch. Makes me smile every time.

2 comments:

Hannah Boutilier (VRJ) said...

I LOVE dreams, thanks for this post! I have a dream meaning book, but I dont look at it much or take it too seriously when I do. I do keep a dream journal, I have some really, really weird dreams and I like to be able to look back and read them and laugh :) Last night I had a dream that a little dog bit me in the knee, and I woke up really scared, haha :) thanks for this post Laura!

Laura said...

Glad you enjoyed it! My favorite part of weird dreams (besides telling other people...) is trying to discern where ideas/people/events came from. Like, if I think something about some random person I haven't seen in a while, sometimes I'll have a dream about them!