Monday, January 17, 2011

I Went to the Gym


So I went to the local gym for the first time a couple days ago. I got this free three-day trial coupon, which inspired me to give it a go. Um, a coupon? I'm there.

I go in and am all intimidated at first, worried:

-is what I wore okay?
-is everyone looking at me?
-what if I look stupid?
-can everyone tell that I've only exercised in my basement before?

and then observant:

-sweet, look at all those tvs!
-this is a lot of sweat in one room.
-wow, that guy is ripped!
-there are some New Year's resolution people here.

And so I realize
1. I need to get a grip and not be so self-conscious.
2. the gym is an excellent place to practice one of my hobbies, people-watching.

I know that it seems like people are always saying how much they dread going to the gym, but I am super pumped. I am finally at a place in my life where I have been consistently working out for a few months and have even enjoyed it. So going to a gym seems like exercise, but "special." Yay, special exercise!

I haven't joined officially, but I will very soon. And then I'm going to be one of those cool gym people. I won't just burn calories, I will TORCH them. Grrrrr.....

No comments: