Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Have High Expectations, 2011.

And now, in no particular order, some New Year's resolutions I've been thinking about.

1. Don't kill Neville. That's what I've decided to call my plant. I've already had to pick off a couple dead leaves, but I'm hoping that's normal. I keep sticking my finger into the dirt to make sure he's not dry. I hope he doesn't find that too intrusive.

2. Read through the whole Bible in a year. I haven't done this since high school, so I thought it was time to give it another go. I really appreciated Jon Acuff's post on his blog "Stuff Christians Like" about already being behind. Since I am.

3. Drink more water. I just always forget! Unless I'm eating or exercising. I just don't think to drink unless I'm really thirsty. And apparently, if you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated. Or maybe that's just an old wives tale? Whatever. I know this goal isn't really concrete, but there's no way I'm committing to drinking 8 glasses a day or something like that. I just want to work on remembering to drink more.

4. Run ten miles. Right now? This seems impossible. The most I've ever run at once is five miles. But I figure that I need something to work towards so I can stay motivated. This would be a pretty sweet accomplishment.

5. Eat more chocolate. Now, here's a resolution I can sink my teeth into. This is guaranteed to happen! A year from now, I will have kept at least one of these resolutions.

Althought, hopefully I will have also read through the whole Bible, run ten miles, be fully hydrated, and still have Neville and not just a pile of dust in a pot.

No comments: