Thursday, January 6, 2011

Two Minutes of Dental Hygiene



I got a "Sonicare" toothbrush for Christmas. It's this big honkin' high-tech looking toothbrush that comes with a charger and handy travel case.

The first time I used it, I turned it on outside of my mouth. The toothpaste flipped onto the floor.

There's a timer on this thing that goes off after two minutes. Brushing for two minutes using this toothbrush made me realize that I have probably never brushed my teeth for two minutes in my entire life.

Two minutes may not seem very long, but when there's a reverberating toothbrush in your mouth, two minutes seems more like thirty-two minutes of wet, toothpastey boringness.

La la la la la...maybe I should pace back through the hallway again. Hm. Has this picture always looked so crooked? There. That's better... Why isn't this thing turning off yet?

Time stands still for those two minutes. It's just me, this heavy toothbrush, and drool running down my chin.

No comments: