Friday, October 4, 2013

In One Ear

In One Ear and Out the Other Antiqued Copper Earrings
Source

Sometimes I feel like a broken record.

(And yes, I realize that expression is now ironic as records are now obsolete except for hipster usage.)

It feels like I say the same types of thing every day at the library.

Usually I say these things because people A) don't listen or B) aren't observant.

It is unfortunate that I have such a sarcastic sense of humor. It is sometimes hard to stifle the voice in my head.

"Do you have a bathroom?" Actually, you walked right past it as you were entering the library. And also, of course we have a bathroom!

When people are just passing through town and don't want to actually apply for a library card, we give them guest passes to use on our computers. These guest passes begin with the same few letters that include part of our library name, as well as some numbers.

When I give a guest pass to someone, I point out the "I" on the pass that can be mistaken for a "1."

"Just type in these first few letters, that's an "I" not a "1," and then the numbers."

Inevitably, people come wandering back up to the counter, confused.

"It doesn't work."

"Did you type an "I" or a "1?"

"Um....a "1."

"Well, it's an "I."

"Oh, really?"

How many of these conversations do I have to have before I lose my mind?

It's fun to guess which people will get to the computers and immediately struggle. I wouldn't put money on it, but I am a pretty good guesser.

Library work is customer service work. Customer service means dealing with people. People can be annoying.

Or how about when people come to the desk all concerned with a book. "It might be overdue...I don't know."

It's fun to pick up the book when a receipt comes dramatically fluttering out.

What exactly do you THINK we're handing you when we give you that piece of paper with dates on it?

And of course, the classic example is trying to explain something to someone and being interrupted. Please just wait for me to get the information out of my mouth before you start asking a question that I am currently trying to answer.

Everyone has off days. But it does seem like some people really don't care enough to hear and understand sometimes.


2 comments:

Mark Allman said...

I do think that people do a poor job of listening. I try to work hard at listening to not only what people say but try to discern how they feel as well.

Laura said...

You must be a model library patron, Mark!