Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Just Lemme Scan It Real Quick for a Sec

At the desk at the library the other day...

A mom: "All right, give her your card!"
A little daughter, eyeing me suspiciously: "Why do you want it?"

Cutest thing ever, probably.

It's funny, though, I'm surprised at how many kids get weirded out at the library circulation counter. Kids cry all the time, clutching Caillou or Fancy Nancy and forcing their parents to pry it out of their tiny fingers so I can check the book out.

"I'll give it right back; I just need to scan it!"

"DORAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

I'm not sure where this comes from. Do they think the books belong to them? Are they afraid I'm going to light them on fire or eat them or something? Hand it over, kid!

Sometimes it's adorable. Other times it's annoying.

*Through gritted teeth* "I'll give it right BACK, sweetie."

Kids today and their sense of entitlement. Phew.



While looking for a picture to use for this post, I found this one and HAD to use it because it was from one of the All-of-a-Kind Family books by Sydney Taylor. Those were some of my favorites!

No comments: