Monday, June 11, 2012

In Which I Share My Perfect Weekend

Ugh. I feel like summer camp is over.

You know the feeling? When you're sun-kissed, bug-bitten, tired, and so happy? You've had some good times, but now you have to go back to the real world.

Well, I had a marvelous weekend, and now it sort of feels like summer is over.

I got to see my closest friends over the weekend, I got a couple days off work, and I volunteered for a local production of Shakespeare in the Park. Lots of fun places to go, and in between were hot drives with the radio blasting and the windows rolled down.

Here's a taste of the perfection:

-picking strawberries in the hot sun, getting yelled at by a possessive bird.
-dipping said strawberries in chocolate. eating them.
-helping my friend's family pack and paint around their house in preparation to move.
-giggling at old, hideous pictures of me and my friends.
-going to three performances of Romeo and Juliet, laughing at the same parts every time. I KNOW it's not a comedy, but there's still humor...
-getting burned at the park.
-seeing pictures of people graduating and remembering how that felt.
-going out for ice cream.
-first bonfire of the summer.
-eating lots of apples.
-walking barefoot in the grass. and on hot pavement. and in a river.
-laughing really hard. making other people laugh.

And now, I'll be back to work in a couple hours. I thank God for these moments, hours, days, of pure happiness. Guess I'll take my tanned self back to the library and enjoy the summer crowd!

No comments: