Thursday, July 4, 2013

Vacation: Strategy is Everything

Let me just start out by saying that my family takes vacations very seriously.

What? This is oxymoronic, you say? Vacations are not serious?

Well, you have never been on a vacation with my family.

Some people enjoy sunbathing on a beach for a week, occasionally strolling on a boardwalk or getting an ice cream cone.

Not my family (well, we do get ice cream).

It is not a vacation to us if at some point we are not planning, making lists, and powerwalking.

And let me tell you, Disney World is perfect for those OCD planner types. Yes, I got the Unofficial Guide. Yes, I came up with a plan of attack for each day in the parks. Yes, I researched the best foods, the best rides, the best tips and tricks to get the MOST out of our time in Orlando.

So worth it! We don't exactly live next door to Mickey Mouse, you see. We had to travel many miles to get there. I didn't want to leave without experiencing the best of everything. Also, waiting in line for 2 hours is for the weak!

Strategy is everything!

As you may be able to tell, I loved it. I loved poring over the book and researching Disney World food blogs. I loved planning out exactly what we would do as soon as we got into each park to maximize those key morning hours. I loved barking orders at gently leading my family.

Best. vacation. ever.

Happy 4th of July everyone! Stay safe and enjoy your family and friends.

Source

I am proud to say that no one in my family wore a fanny pack. I cannot say that about the last time we were in Disney World. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We appreciated and benefitted from all your hard work and planning.

It was a sad day when the fanny pack went out of fashion!

"Mom"

Laura said...

Thanks Mom. :)