Thursday, August 29, 2013

BEST Blog Post U Will Ever Read!

It's hard for me to avoid superlatives.

THIS IS THE BEST COOKIE YOU WILL EVER EAT!

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST VIDEO YOU WILL EVER SEE!

YOU ARE GUARANTEED TO CRY MORE THAN YOU EVER HAVE READING THIS BOOK!

Maybe I just want to challenge the claim.

I had better cry buckets. Or I had better have the uncontrollable urge to forward this email to 47 of my closest friends.

It's just, how can you not check out something so enticing? Especially online. Those videos that promise heart-wrenching stories or side-splitting laughter.

Bring it on, I say. There is so much information being thrown at me every day, I only want the best. Or the saddest. Or the most inspirational. Or the most delicious.

Not that these things always meet my expectations. I am often reminded of this:




But I am not deterred! I will stay curious to find the next BEST thing.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Kindred spirits! I often feel a need to challenge the claims as well :-)

Mark Allman said...

I do challenge and check out things I have a tough time believing may be true.