Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Slice of Thanksgiving

I was asked to give my testimony in front of my class this past Sunday.

*gulp*

After a brief internal struggle-
(No. Absolutely not.
Don't be a chicken!
Come on, it will be encouraging.
But I HATE public speaking!
It's not about you, dummy!)

I agreed. And I'm glad I did. Preparing to share a bit of what God has done and is doing in my life brought me so much encouragement. I sat down and wrote a list of how my relationship with Him has developed over my life.

I am so blessed because He is so faithful!

I stood up in front of my class, notes in front of me, and kind of fell apart a tiny bit.

People's faces blurred, my hands started shaking, I forgot what I was going to say...typical stuff.

I squeaked out some key thoughts, though, and managed to avoid looking terrified (I think).

Public speaking is by far not my favorite thing to do, but that's not the point. The point is that I am saved by the grace of God and in a personal relationship with Him, just as I am. 

I absolutely cannot get this song out of my head. All week it's been playing like an internal soundtrack. And what a great song to have in my head!



Happy Thanksgiving to you all, awesome readers. What do you have to be thankful for?

2 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

I am thankful for family, home, health, and laughter. Thankful that I have a good public library nearby and that I remembered to return my books today, even though I have a truckload of other stuff to do. Thankful that despite my doubts, when I asked Jesus to comfort me in my powerlessness to do anything about my parents' suffering, Jesus really showed up, in a big way. And thankful that I do not have to make a public speech about any of that!

Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Mark Allman said...

I am thankful for faithful friends. I am thankful for being able to learn. I am thankful for the unseen gifts God gives us. May our eyes be open to see more of them. I am thankful for our home, for my job, and the health of us all. As my siblings and I are writing a group of letters for a book of memories growing up to make a book for my mom I am thankful how she guided our family even though she suffered tremendous heart ache. I also am thankful for your blog as I enjoy reading what you have to say.