Monday, December 13, 2010

Orange Juice, And Other Miraculous Cures

Do you know the saying, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"? The point is that if you prevent something bad from happening in the first place, you won't have to put so much effort into a cure.

I'm still sick, by the way.

All stuffed up and groggy.

I'll try to be brave at work today, but I'll accept sympathy if it's offered.

Anyway, I just finished drinking a glass of orange juice. I only seriously drink it if I'm sick. I think a part of me believes that if I show my body how well I'm taking care of it, it will relent and be healed.

There's probably not too much I could've done to NOT get sick, but I wonder if drinking orange juice will really make me better at this point. Oh well, at least it tastes good.

Unlike cough medicine.

I remember being forced to drink it as a child and taking ages to actually get it down. Then wanting to toss it all back up again.

I tried a couple years ago to take cough medicine and as soon as I smelled it I just couldn't even do it. Does that make me a coward? Perhaps. But I'd rather cough my head off than drink that cough medicine that smells like horribleness and makes my stomach churn.

Sorry about how gross this blog is today. At least you can all rest in the knowledge that I am sneezing and coughing into my elbow. And washing my hands a lot.

And drinking orange juice. So, you know, that should do it.

No comments: