Monday, December 20, 2010

I'M NOT YELLING AT YOU

WHEN YOU SEE SENTENCES TYPED OUT IN ALL CAPS, WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR MIND?

I HAVE SEEN ENTIRE PARAGRAPHS, COMPLETELY IN CAPITAL LETTERS, FOR NO APPARENT REASON. DOES THIS BOTHER YOU? BECAUSE IT BOTHERS ME!

All right, I'm giving myself a headache. This ends here.

Seriously, though. Who types in all caps and thinks it's a good idea? I can see maybe one word, or part of a word in all caps - for emphasis. But when someone overuses this technique for no reason?

I can practically hear it as I'm reading. It's like someone yelling at me in a monotone voice.

Wow, it's ANNOYING.

See what I did right there? I capitalized all the letters in the word "annoying" for emphasis. And even that might have been too much.

Think before you type, crazy all-caps people. Not everyone is as enthusiastic about every. little. thing. Calm down, take a breath, and don't type like you're slapping someone in the face with each word.

Thank you.

No comments: