Thursday, December 2, 2010

Just Five More Minutes...

I could be waking up to the biggest day of my life. Some huge event. Some enormously important moment.

But in that moment of waking up, I could talk myself out of anything.

Dream...dream...dream...BZZZZZZZT! Ugh. Grab phone. Open phone. Squint at numbers on phone.

Okay, let’s see. What’s going on today...work in two hours? Two hours? Who needs two hours? I’ll just cut back on my workout...Snooze. I’ll just snooze for 8 loooooong minut-

BZZZZZZZZT! Ugh. Grab Phone. Open phone. Squint at numbers on phone.

Really? That was it? 8 minutes? Eyes...start...closing...

Okay, now I really need to get up. Or hit snooze again. Hmm...

I’m just so warm and cozy...then my alarm rudely grabs my arm and pulls me out of sleep and tells me I need to get up. In that moment of decision – go back to sleep or get up – I would pretty much give up chocolate for a month so I could sleep for five more minutes.

And that’s saying something.

No comments: