Thursday, December 16, 2010

Yes...No...Maybe So?

Sitting behind the big windows, back in the library office, I wait.

I wait and I stare through the glass, wondering if you will need my help.

You, the library patron. Yes, you, the slow one who can't seem to make up his mind.

The one who keeps walking towards the desk, then pausing to stare into space....

Or the one who walks sloooowly past....

Or the one who comes up to carefully choose a pen or piece of paper from the desk, appearing to maybe need my help...?

I've decided that yes, you need my help. I stand up from my chair and stride purposefully up to you, right as you casually turn and walk away.

Now I am left to pretend that I am here for another reason...um...to type gibberish on the keyboard...straighten the plant sitting on the desk, crouch down to pick an invisible speck off the floor...

Thanks for nothing.

No comments: