Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Cruisin' On Thru


So I'm scared of drive-thrus.

Maybe "scared" isn't quite the right word. I'm just not totally comfortable using one.

When I go to McDonalds or Taco Bell or whatever (NOT often because these places are poison. Poison I tell you!), if I'm the one driving I always park and go inside. In fact, I can state with almost 100% certainty that I have never even driven through a fast-food window before.

Why is this, you may ask? Well, it just seems weird. And I am nervous I'll pull up too far away. Or too close and I'll graze the curb. Or the person working won't understand me through the speaker. Or I'll drop the money onto the pavement and have to open the door.

You're right. Once I actually write it out it does look kind of stupid.

It's just, why bother? Why not get out, go in, interact, see the obese families sitting at the tables? Slip past the caution sign and the guy with dreads mopping the floor? Actually stand and talk to the fourteen-year-old taking my order? (Seriously...when did I get so old? I swear, everyone is younger than me now.)

I don't know, I just have a thing about drive-thrus. Maybe they also seem lazy to me. Like, look at me I'm already killing myself with this greasy food, why bother to get up off my butt at all? Just flop in the car, calling for food.

I'm sure you all go through drive-thrus and live happy, fulfilling lives, but this is not meant to be for me.

As always...
Don't judge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what about drive thrus at a bank??!?! Invaluable when you have multiple children in the car... sleeping! :) that's what cured me of my fears!

Linda said...

I just want you to know that I thought of you today as I was seated in the bank drive thru...fortunately, I was not killing myself with super greasy food at the same time!

Laura said...

I did have to get over my bank drive-thru fear! Not as bad, since it's a lot easier.