Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's Not In My Head!

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

"Does anyone else hear that?"

*Beep*

*Beep*

"Seriously? Am I the only one bothered?"

*Beep*

"Aaaaarrrrghhhhh!"

So there's this beeping at the circulation desk at the library. It's been going on since last Wednesday or Thursday. I was the only one who could hear it at first. My head would whip around as I tried to seek out the source. Patrons stared in confusion as I tilted my ear like a golden retriever listening to food being poured into his bowl.

Finally, I forced three of my coworkers to gather around the spot at the circ desk where we giggled quietly and waited for it to happen agai-*beep* "See! See, I told you I wasn't hearing things!"

Now at least they don't think I'm crazy. However, I am the only person who hears the beep every.single.time it goes off. Which is about every minute.

I've turned machines on and off. I've stuck my head under the counter to try and figure things out before popping up and scaring patrons at the desk (accidentally...). And I still don't know what's making the noise or how to make it STOP.

I can't live like this.

No comments: