Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Anxiously Waiting in My Pajama Pants

I think I'm actually a ten-year-old trapped inside an almost-twenty-four-year-old's body.

Example of the day: Snow Days!!!

I get ridiculously excited. Even when I can't think of anything to do, can't leave the house, and just end up being bored.

But it's a snow day!

The story begins with me. In pajama pants (you can never have too many pairs). Wondering...hoping...glancing out the window.

Actually, yesterday was odd because I don't work until 1pm on Mondays. That's right, I've got the evening shift. So yesterday I went to the gym first, came home and showered, and put my pajama pants back on.

I got ready for work. Slowly. Leaving my pajama pants on.

I ate breakfast. I made and packed a dinner. I did some cleaning. I whipped up a batch of delicious muffins.

I lingered in my pajama pants, loath to put on makeup, just in case...

And then the call came from the library! It was closing early, due to a skating-rink-like parking lot, freezing rain, and slippery roads.

"Wooo-hoooo!" I celebrated alone in my house, causing my dog to perk up his ears and stare at me, the crazy girl with no makeup on and still in her pajama pants.

And today? Two hour delay, baby. The snow day's cousin. Guess I'll be lounging around a little longer.

Soon to come...some new recipes I've been enjoying, with links to blogs and websites. Including the delicious muffins referenced above!

Asian,awakening,bedtimes,childhood,children,Fotolia,girls,mornings,nights,pajamas,sleeps,stretches,wake-up,yawns,young
Source


4 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

I love muffins and lounging in pajamas. I love snow days as long as I didn't originally have plans to go anywhere fun. I hope you have another two-hour delay soon so you can post the muffin recipe!

Unknown said...

"the snow day's cousin"
bahahahaaaa!!! SO FUNNY!!! Made me laugh!!! LOVE IT.

Mark Allman said...

My daughter Jessi is a school teacher and she loves snow days as well as my college age daughter Esther. I think we should have a holiday in August called "Snow Day". It is too far between July 4th and Labor day. A two hour delay is a Snow Day baby.

Laura said...

CHM - Good point. Snow days are no fun if you have somewhere you'd rather be!

Hi Michelle! :)

Mark - Or we could just have Christmas in July!