Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"I Have Nature on My Hands"

It's possible you may have already realized this, but I can be OCD about things.

I'm a perfectionist. I worry. I like things to be even.

If one hand gets wet, before I dry it I have to get the other hand wet. If one foot bumps a step I have been known to lightly bump the other foot. So things are even.

I'm not Adrian Monk, but I do triple-check locks and overthink things.

So keep this in mind when I tell you that I like numbers to be even too. I like things grouped by tens or fives. I round things up or down. And I like to start things on the hour or the half hour.

When I go to the gym, it's not at 6:10. Or at 7:24. I start working out at 6 or at 6:30. At 7 or at 9. Depending on what time I work that day or what time spin classes are at.

And I finish precisely in an hour. It's how I roll!

If I'm doing different things on my own, for instance the elliptical or lifting weights or ab work, I'll transition at fifteen-minute or half-hour marks. Other people wander around at 7:13. Not me! I'll do a few more push-ups and get to the stair-stepper at 7:15. Bam!

It's how I roll. It makes me feel comfortable, like I have a sense of accomplishment.

It's nice when things are even.

Source

I have been known to sort my candies by color, too.

3 comments:

Mark Allman said...

Laura,
You posted this blog at 8:37! How could you? :) Should not it have been at 8:30 or 9:00?

Laura said...

I'm not THAT far gone, Mark!!

Mark Allman said...

LOL!