Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Get In Line, Buster

Attention! Pet peeve.

So I'll be helping someone in the library, usually checking their books out at the desk, when someone else calls out from nearby, "Excuse me!"

You know what I want to do? Ignore the random person! Why are you calling to me when I'm clearly involved with someone else!

I'm taken.

I know you are captivated by my mad book-scanning skillz. You're drawn in by my sweet voice as I patiently answer even the most idiotic question. And don't even get me started on my library muscles.

But come on! Can't you see I'm with someone right now?

Look, it's not you, it's me. I'm just not ready to start another relationship. I'm bogged down with the old man in front of me who doesn't understand how the Kindle his daughter bought for him works. I need to work on OUR relationship right now.

You'll just have to wait. Maybe, one day, the timing will be better. I'll be free, and we can get together sometime.

But for now? Wait your turn!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I have the same problem...only here at home with the herd of children! It's a little easier to be nice to cute little kids, though. :)