Monday, October 24, 2011

I Know You; I've Walked With You Once Upon a Dream

If you're on Facebook, you're probably struck pretty often at how many "friends" you have.

(Shouldn't you be able to remember friends' names so you can properly stalk them?)

We all know SO many people. It can be hard to keep everyone straight.

Here's what I have trouble with:

  • Remembering what I've told different people so I'm not repeating myself.
  • Remembering what people already know about me so I don't assume anything.
  • Remembering which people I can be sarcastic with, or which people I have to be more sensitive with.
  • Remembering how I even know people in the first place.
That's a lot of remembering.

But when you have different circles of friends or even acquaintances, you've got to keep track. Who knows who? What common friends do you have?

I've got family and best friends. Church and work. The gym and the grocery store. I see so many people that look vaguely familiar that I tend to just avoid them when I see them in public because I'm not sure how well we know each other. And if they know my name and I don't know theirs? Yikes.

It's a challenge, that's for sure! My life is filled with relationships, and it's tough maintaining and keeping them straight.

This reminds me...I should probably clean out my friends list again...

"Hmmm...How do I know you?"

No comments: