Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Network of Food

There's just something about the food network.

Something calming. soothing. lulling.

Honestly, I could just die happy sitting in front of the tv, with someone cooking in front of me.

(I mentioned this particular happy place in an earlier blog post briefly, while talking about reality cooking shows. Which you'll find here.)

I love watching, even just for background noise. I can work on other things while the food network is on. I love to watch people cook and bake and decorate.

Even those lame infomercials where people are cooking meals in fancy schmancy gadgets or grinding up a strange combination of vegetables in a juicer. I find it nice and easy to watch.

Okay, confession time: I have an odd fascination with Man vs. Food. I know technically this show is on the travel channel, but it's about food. So it counts.

What is it about watching some nutty guy attempt enormous quantities of food that makes me so happy? I have no idea.

I also like to wonder to myself if I could ever attempt something like a burrito the size of my arm or a burger the size of my head.

Probably not. Unless the food challenge was ice cream, in which case there would be no stopping me.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Yes, yes. Even when you've tried some of the recipes and found them terrible, it's for some reason terribly fascinating. It's the girl's ESPN.

jingalls said...

I've become fascinated lately with MasterChef. I only wish I had a better gut feeling about who will win this season. Its a lot harder to judge food when you only have what the editors wanted you to see unlike American Idol where I develop strong likes and dislikes very quickly.

Unknown said...

catching up on the blogs... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Food Channel... except that I only seem to watch it at 10:00 at night... and then I get hungry!! :)

Laura said...

I love MasterChef! Hannah - love the girl's ESPN comment. So true!