Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's What We've Been Waiting For, People!

I know it seems like years ago, but remember winter?

Remember those long months of misery? Days too cold for snow? Temperatures dropping lower and the wind chill picking up? My pathetic blog posts crying out for relief? Spring? Warmth?

Well, try and hang onto how you felt back then. Seriously.

I'm talking to myself here too, but how awful is it to complain about the intense heat headed our way when we would have practically sacrificed a limb to be warm not that long ago?

The cold made us angry! Irritable! Fat, because all we wanted to do was lay around under blankets and eat!

Now, it's getting super hot, and once again, we're not satisfied.

I know it can be tough, but in a few more months we will be crying for summer again. Get outside and soak up the sun. It's good for you.

Oh, and drink lots of water! But then again, you should already be doing that.

3 comments:

Leah-Kay Ducato Rudolph said...

I totally agree with you - I much prefer being hot to being cold anyhow. Yea, sun!

Linda said...

I have actually never cried for summer. I love the crispness of fall. I love snuggling up with a great cup of tea or hot cocoa in the winter (with book in hand, of course). I love the way spring smells and the birds coming back to my yard. Someone else is more than welcome to my share of summer.
Happy today!

Hannah said...

yes, yes, we're never satisfied. I'm okay with most weather...as long as I don't have to go out in it.

I like summer becuase it means flowers and vegetables from my garden. I'm not so cool with puffing and panting while mowing the lawn, however. It won't be long before I'll be wishing for that sneezy wheezy mowing job again, though.