Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm Baaaack...


Oh hey! Thought I'd write a blog post today. Usually I'm a bit more scheduled, but this week was kind of weird. Weirdly AWESOME!

Over the weekend and into Tuesday, I got to go on a trip and hang out for days with my three best friends. It was pretty much perfect. A road trip, the Golden Globes, delicious food, IKEA, Dutch Blitz...and my girls! In these cold, dreary, winter months, this weekend was much needed.

Anyway, when I got back a blog post just didn't happen. Until now. So here goes.

What is your response when someone tells you that they like something that you're wearing? If you're a guy, this probably doesn't happen, unless it's your girlfriend telling you. If you're a girl, and you're like me, you'll let this person know immediately the kind of deal that you got on your shirt/sweater/earrings/skirt/shoes/purse, etc.

"Oooh, I love your cardigan!"

"Thanks - five dollars!"

"Oh, um that's ni-"

"FIVE DOLLARS. I couldn't believe it either! I couldn't afford NOT to buy it!"

I just can't help it. I just get so proud of myself when I find good deals. I try really hard to save money and buy things on sale. It's very gratifying to be able to dress decently while not blowing a lot of cash. So why not brag about it?

Well, I kind of annoy myself when I do it. I am trying to stop. It just so happens that I identify my belongings by how much I paid for them. So that's the first thing that pops into my head!

When I was in school and living with a bunch of girls, there was a lot of borrowing that went on. So if I was wearing, say, a skirt that wasn't mine and I got a compliment, I felt obligated to share that it didn't belong to me.

"Thanks, but this isn't mine."

I guess it doesn't really matter. I just wanted to be accurate.

Maybe I should just say thank you and move on. Skipping the explanation...

No comments: