Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Mouse Hand

Way, way back in the beginning of my blog, I posted about having cold hands. Here, to be precise.

(Speaking of old blog posts, I was rereading some and congratulating myself on how witty they were. You should probably check them out if you haven't already; it's for your own good.)

Well, I've been thinking about them again. My cold hands. The rest of me will be okay, but my hands will always be cold. It's my lot in life.

When I'm just relaxing at home, my hands will usually get almost warm. I'll bundle up and keep my hands nestled in the sleeves of my Gryffindor snuggie. Yeah, you read that right.

But when I'm on my computer, I can get toasty all over, except for one place.

My mouse hand.

It just pokes out from my snuggle sleeve and turns into a popsicle. What can I do? I have to have my hand free to scroll down pages of nerdy fandom sites, or click on videos of kittens sneezing.

I know I could probably tuck my hand back if my fingers weren't needed at that particular moment. But I forget! Possibly because I can't feel my hand! It lingers out there on the mouse, dutifully scrolling and clicking and gliding along as needed.

Thanks, mouse hand. You're a real good sport. I'll wrap you around a warm mug of tea later to reward you for your dedication in the face of frigidity.

Hi readers! Stay warm, wherever you are! It's getting pretty chilly around here, and I get the desperate urge to run awkwardly everywhere.

1 comment:

LEah RUdolph said...

You need those gloves with the fingers cut out! You wouldn't happen to be left-handed, would you? I need the right one for my iPhone...LOL.