Friday, January 27, 2012

I Know What You're Going to Say

No, stop. You don't even need to open your mouth.

Let me guess, you have a question about the library.

Yeah yeah, I know I'm a genius. How could I possibly guess that you would ask me a library-related question while we're here at the gym/church/grocery store/party? Um, because you know I work at the library and when you see me you are reminded of a fine you have. Or a question about eBooks. Or an experience you had the last time you were at the library.

Go on, just get it out. I'm used to it.

It's funny how often this happens to me. I guess it's just life, how when you're a grown-up people define you by the job you have. During small talk time (when really I would just rather sit in comfortable silence), a lot of times people will look at me and realize they still have a pile of books to return.

I guess I should be glad I'm not a nurse. "So, seeing you reminds me of this rash I have...will you take a look?"

So ask away! I love answering questions, you know that. Better yet, let's transition into seventy-five reasons why I love the library, and why I think every person should be going at least every week.

Wait, where are you going? You started it!

No comments: