Monday, January 9, 2012

Quietly Singing To Myself


So, I go to cycling class a couple times a week at the gym. It's great.

I'm one of those people who likes to sit in the same area every time. It's my spot. Don't mess with my spot.

Maybe you're all spontaneous and, like, "hey I want to sit waaaay over here today!" or "maybe I'll try a bike in this corner," but I'm not like that.

I like a bike in the back and over to the side a bit. That way, I get the full force of the fan blowing from the back of the room, and I also get to see out the door. For people-watching purposes, obviously. I can see everybody in the room, and I can see everybody walking around outside the room. Perfect.

During class, the instructor plays all kinds of music to get us pumped up. Good songs with good beats. Fast for "sprints," slow for climbs.

Guess what? If I hear songs that I know, I'm going to sing along. It's just a given. So I'll be in the back on my bike quietly singing to myself. I would like to be loudly singing to myself, but then it wouldn't really be just to myself, would it?

It's a little embarassing, but sometimes I just can't help it. I'll have been singing half the song before I even realize I'm doing it. Sorry, people around me. It's Adele, for crying out loud.

Happy Monday!

No comments: