Friday, January 6, 2012

In My Own Little Corner

This might sound a little silly, but I need a place to read.

A place sort of like, um, a library.

Well, I already WORK at the library! I can't go there and read for fun! People would probably start asking me for help at the computers!

It's the romantic side of me, I guess, that wishes for a cozy nook somewhere special to just read and read. Usually I read during my lunch break at work and in the evening right before I go to sleep. Unless it's a really good book I can't put down, in which case I carry it around with me and devour every chance I get. But I'd like a different place.

I've thought about Starbucks, but then I'd have to buy something. And I want to go somewhere without feeling an obligation to buy anything. It's things like this that remind me of how great libraries are! Where else can I loiter around and read in a comfy chair, in a special place other than my apartment?

I don't know what I'm going to do. I especially need a good reading spot because the next book I have to read for book club is The Count of Monte Cristo. I'm excited about reading it, but it's going to take more concentration than usual. So I want to be somewhere where I can be focused.

Wanted: Reading spot. Must be quiet(ish). Cozy. Free. Must be populated enough so I can people-watch. People-watching is an absolutely must.

No comments: