Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Next Big Thing

So, the plan was to get up and write a good blog post yesterday morning, but I was immediately distracted! I realized that I could watch the world premiere of The Hunger Games trailer at 8:30 on Good Morning America, so other plans sort of fell by the wayside.

I have been waiting for this for what seems like FORever, so to finally watch the real trailer was thrilling. And, as a fan of the books, knowing the story, I got chills!

Why don't you go ahead and watch it, if you haven't already. And if you have, watch it again. And again. Like me.


If you're not familiar with the story...well, it can seem strange to explain it. It's the story of a dystopian society (click here for a definition from one of my favorite sources - Wikipedia!), with a government that maintains control by drawing names of children to fight against each other in an arena. To the death.

I know, I know. It's not the sort of book I thought I would like either. But I could NOT put it down. It's actually a trilogy, by Suzanne Collins.




You've got until March 2012, when the movie comes out (and you can join me at the midnight premiere!) to read all three books. Let me know what you think! Supposedly, these movies are expected to be the next Harry Potter (yay!) or Twilight (yuck!).

So get reading! Remember: book first, then movie. I recommend your local library.

No comments: