Monday, February 27, 2012

When the Wind Blows


Whew. So last week was kind of crazy. I pushed the blog off to the side a bit. Hopefully you were not too lost without it. Well, we're back in business!

The weather has been weird lately. I mean, it's been weird all winter but especially weird now. Rain that smells like spring, birds singing, slushy snowstorms, strong winds...

The strong winds have been not fun. Safe and sound indoors, I still worry about the wind getting me. I know it can't, but it just blows with such gusto!

And in the middle of the night, I'm not awake enough to be rational about it. I'll hear it blowing and it's like the wind is calling to me, daring me to come outside.

Whooooosssshhhhhh, but we'd have so much fun!

I doubt it.

Come on, don't you hear that awesome banging and thumping! That's what I could do with you if you step out onto your porch!

Seriously? You're hurling the trash cans around again? I'm going to have to wander down the street looking for them?

Whooooosssshhhhhh, I'm going to smash your windows and won't that be awesome?

*Gets scared, puts pillow on head, tells head to think logically and calm down*

Whooooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhh

*Imagines entire house being swept up and whisked away, along with cows and telephone poles*

Oh, these wintry springish nights.

Speaking of strong winds, have you seen The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore? It just won an Oscar last night for best animated short film! Check it out below.



By the way, did you watch the Academy Awards last night? I did until I fell asleep! I must see The Artist. I must!

No comments: