Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Presidents and Such

Happy Belated Presidents' Day!

Let's just address the elephant in the room of this holiday: punctuation. To me it makes sense to include all the presidents, as in, this is their day, as in, Presidents' Day. But I've also seen it as President's Day. And Presidents Day.

And then the word presidents doesn't look real any more because I've looked at it so many times on Google.

I didn't blog on Monday because I was off from work (yay government holidays!) and spent the day with a friend. And I just never got around to it...

So, the presidents...do you have a favorite? How much do you really know about them? What's the weirdest story you heard about a president?

All I could think about on Presidents' Day was William Taft. And there's only one thing I know about him - that he had to install a special big bathtub because he was, well, big. I also heard he got stuck in a bathtub, but apparently that's a myth. Happy Presidents' Day!

At some point in high school I memorized all the presidents, in order. I'm sure everyone's done that at some point. It seemed like a pretty big deal at the time. Some of those guys didn't sound familiar at all. But it was neat to learn about them.

Apparently, Presidents' Day is in February because of Washington and Lincoln's birthdays also being in that month. And my birthday, btw. Yep, special month.

Whether you learned something about presidents, got off work, went to a Presidents' Day sale, or just let the day slip by uncelebrated... hope you had a great Monday! And Tuesday! And good luck with Wednesday!

No comments: