Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Guess What? I'll Tell You.

Some Things About Me You Probably Don't Care To Know But Will Soon Find Out:

1. I am a compulsive chair tucker. If a chair is pulled out, I push it back in. It takes two seconds.

2. I hate crows. Especially in the summer. At 6 am. When my window is open. I swear, if I had a gun in my hand during those half-conscious moments...

3. I like to keep my hands busy. Currently, there is a clothespin in the library office. Why it's there, I don't know. What I DO know is that I keep looking down and realizing that I've been opening and closing said clothespin for fifteen minutes, carrying it all over the library, without realizing it.

4. I would rather have the ability to be invisible than the ability to fly. I have enough scary dreams where I'm floating up in the air to know that I would not have fun.

5. If I worked in an ice cream shop, I would gain about 250 pounds. Because if I had an unlimited ice cream supply, I would keep eating. And eating. And eating. It's frightening.

6. I have a large supply of earrings. 90% of those pairs cost a dollar. I love earrings because they always fit. And they're cheap.

7. I hate drama. I hate it if I think someone has a negative opinion of me. I overthink conversations and replay my words over and over. I have to yell at myself sometimes to let something go.

8. Mechanical pencils are the best kind of pencils. Because pencils have to be sharp all the time.

9. My legs are always falling asleep. Like, when I'm sitting on the floor for a while. My foot will fall asleep and I'll have to stand still for a minute because if I try to walk it feels waaaay too weird.

10. I have this recurring dream about bugs. Bugs, snakes, and spiders all over the ground. And I have to get through them somehow. I hate it.

So, there you have it! And now, here's a bonus thing about me:

11. I want someone to come to the library and serenade me like THIS!

3 comments:

jingalls said...

i unconsciously hold stuff and play with it too. i've snapped a lot of rubber bands that way. and thats how i learned the staple remover in our office closes and stays shut when you move a little lever.

Beth said...

I'm glad that you don't have a gun in those half-conscious moments...especially when we lived in the same dorm suite...

Laura said...

Jess - I know, right? Unconsciously...we discover!

Beth - Let's just say it's better for me to be unarmed.