Friday, May 20, 2011

Ugh. Bugs.

Bugs.

The arrival of spring (regardless of how wet and cold and lame it is so far...) brings the arrival of bugs.

They come crawling out from who knows where they spent the winter, crawling out boldly to freak us out.

Which kind creeps you out the most? For me, the bigger they are, the scarier they are. Or if they're super fast. Or they jump. Or they have a million legs.

Actually, I hate all bugs. I REALLY hate most bugs.

If you see a bug on the floor, what do you do?

a) Scream and call for help.
b) Step on it, barefoot or not.
c) Grab random items around you and wrangle it into a container so you can release it into the wild.
d) Just walk away.

If the bug is non-threatening to me, I'll usually trap it into a container and let it go outside. Like if it's a slow little bumblebee or something.

If it's anything super scary, I'll only kill it if there is absolutely no one else there to do it for me. Otherwise, I beg someone else to dispose of it.

Ugh. Bugs.


Okay, this one is cute. I'll give it that.

3 comments:

snippiddydoda said...

we just found the largest centipede yet the other day! I myself did not see it, but even Josh was impressed.

Molly said...

The moths in Spring bug me the most. Even more than the spiders! The spiders hang out on the ceiling and sure it's disconcerting when you return and they're no longer there, but moths are just...yuck.

They fly like they're drunk and insist you are close enough friends with them that they should be able to shower with you. That is their most annoying quality I think because when you're wet, and they're damp, they stick. GROSS!

Laura said...

Molly - that's a very vivid description! I can't say I've ever showered with a moth, but it sounds pretty repulsive!