Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer?

closeups,dew,dewdrops,environmental,environments,foliage,Fotolia,greens,leaves,nature,Photographs,plants,raindrops,rains,spring,summer,trees,water,weather,wet

Well, we seem to have completely skipped spring and went straight into summer. Okaaaaay...

Last night I got to listen to a beautiful thunderstorm. Beautiful because I wasn't trying to sleep during that time. Also beautiful because it's warm outside. We had windows and doors open all through the house.

There's nothing like feeling like you're outside when you're really inside. You can hear your neighbors talking, their phones ringing, their tvs playing. It's a cozy feeling.

Listening to the light rain is soothing. Hearing and feeling the cool wind blow is refreshing. This is a summer storm, a storm that brings the kind of rain that doesn't make me feel like crying. (You know, the icy cold kind that makes me think we're back in March.)

If the thunder gets too loud, I can get a little anxious. If there's a really BRIGHT flash of lightning, I have to duck and cover my ears for a few seconds in case the thunder is going to BLARE all of a sudden. I don't like loud noises out of nowhere, thank you very much.

So last night was nice. Enjoying the storm, listening to Jennifer Hudson (wow she's skinny now, right?), and reading a Nook.

That's right, baby. More to come on this later. After I play around on it a little more (it's the library's, I just have a few days to mess around so I can learn about it), I'm sure I'll have a post about it.

So, summer. Not sure how I'm going to do posts. Probably won't be Monday through Friday like I have been doing. That's just too much when there are so many places to go! Do you have a preference of when I should post? Should I try weekends? Three days a week? Hmmm...

1 comment:

Molly said...

I'd say when you have time and something cool to say. So like 3 or 4 times a week at your choosing?