Thursday, May 5, 2011

My, What an Inquisitive Mind You Have

I get asked a lot of questions at the library. Maybe one day I'll keep track. But probably not.

"Where're the bathrooms?" (You passed them on the way in...)

"Do you have a certain book? I can't remember the author, title, or what it's about." (Okaaaay...Google, don't fail me now.)

"Can I borrow some scissors?" (Sure, just don't run with them.)

"Do I have a fine?" (*Cringe* Let me check...)

Questions, questions, questions. People just think that the library has all the answers.

Because it DOES, obviously. Spread the word.

People just driving by come into the library and ask directions to somewhere else. Because somewhere in the back of their minds they think of the library as a safe place to do that. Well, that's something, at least.

My favorite types of questions are ones I can answer. Sure, I get sick of answering totally obvious questions. But at least I can answer them. And that makes me feel pretty good. After all, the only thing I really want here is to make library patrons happy. My ultimate goal is to SERVE you, dear friends.

Seriously, I like to help people.

So ask away.

No comments: