Monday, May 16, 2011

Annoyance

This post was published on Thursday, May 12. But Blogger messed things up for a few hours and it got "unpublished." So I'm tossing it out again. Bonus: new video that I didn't think of the first time I published this. Enjoy!

I have an obnoxious side to me.

Who doesn't?

This obnoxious side manifests itself as the kind of younger sibling who repeats everything you say. "Repeats everything you saaaaay!"

It can be glaringly annoying, to the point where I annoy even myself.

It can be a little more sneaky, where I push it a little bit or just THINK about it.

At the library, when people come up to me and whisper, I don't whisper back. I think it's silly to whisper in this library. It's clearly not a whispering library. Do I talk a little louder than normal? Perhaps.

When I'm checking out a person's books or DVDs or CDs or whatever and piling them in a stack, some people like to compulsively straighten the stack each time a new piece of material goes on top. The obnoxious side of me wants to UNstraighten it. Mess it up a little. Place the next book on top sideways or something.

My, how annoying I am.

No comments: