Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Walkin' on Sunshine


So last week, I decided to download Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl onto my iPod (from my library's website), put on my walkin' shoes, and take a stroll through my town.

Walking through the neighborhoods was pleasant. I said hi to old people sitting out on their porches. Passed kids riding their bikes. Chased squirrels. Kicked rocks. The usual stuff.

I even walked down the main street. And a couple busier roads. This kept getting awkward, since there was a LOT of traffic. And I felt like everyone in my town drove by. And looked at me.

Doesn't anyone walk anymore? I felt very conspicuous.

Someone I know even stopped to ask me if I needed a ride. Nope - just walkin'.

I wasn't going anywhere in particular. I was just listening to a British narrator tell me the story of Charlie Bucket and Willy Wonka. Whatevs.

I really like to be outside during the summer. But sometimes I'm not sure what to do.

Sometimes it's nice to just take a walk.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Taking pointless walks was one of the most special parts of newlywedhood for me. Babies make that a little more impractical, however, the scale is telling me it may be worth the effort.