Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Neville & Friends


I have kind of an awkward problem.

Yesterday, I noticed that Neville had some company. Instead of one plant in that pot, I have four or five popping out.

"Neville? Which one is you?"

With all my pinching and pruning, Neville is a little sleeker than before. A little taller. And now, it's easier to see that there are actually a few different places where he is (they are???) shooting out.

Should I name these other plants? Are they all part of Neville somehow? Does he have different personalities? That would explain the mood swings...

Is it just like Neville having multiple limbs? Is everything connected underneath the dirt?

Goodness. Who knew that owning a plant was so challenging?

I suppose the most important thing now is just being strong for Neville. He needs to see that I won't abandon him, despite his freakishness. He needs to know he has my support.

"I know you're SOMEwhere in that mass of leaves, Neville! And I'll NEVER give up on you."

No comments: