Monday, May 16, 2011

I Sense Summer

So, this week it's gonna be in the low 60s and rainy.

Some summer THIS is shaping up to be.

*Sigh* Anyway, I thought I'd move things right along and brainstorm about some of the great sounds/smells/tastes of summer.

TaStEs:
1. watermelon. nothing says summer like cold fruit juice dripping down your chin!
2. strawberries. they just taste like summer!
3. corn on the cob. hmm. messy food seems to be the theme.
4. ice cream cones. now, ice cream is year-round for me. but cones are summer food.
5. grilled things. just throw it on the grill!

SoUnDs:
1. grass being mowed.
2. really LOUD birds outside my open window at 6am.
3. the sound of a bat hitting a ball. time for church softball!
4. sprinklers.
5. talking and laughing outside! as opposed to the quiet shuffle through snow and wind.

SmElLs:
1. grass being mowed!
2. lilac bushes. and other flowers.
3. laundry that's been hung outside to dry.
4. things being grilled!
5. my dog after he's been laying out in the sun. he smells like sunshine.

Now, if I can only get through this cold, rainy week...there's light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: