Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not Your "Average" Librarian

This is probably an odd subject to begin a blog with, but I want to spread the word.

Don’t call me ma’am.

Seriously.

Do I look that old to you? Because I am leaning my elbow here on the counter because I think it makes me look contemplative, not because I need support for my shaky arms.

Guy-who-can’t-be-more-than-25...don’t call me ma’am! I’m too young for wrinkles and gray hairs! Just because I am a person who works in a library, do not assume I am “the typical librarian.” Trying to break the stereotype here, people!

I don't wear glasses (most of the time...), I don't own or even like cats, I don't wear my hair in a bun, and I am not old enough for people to call me ma'am!

Thank you.

1 comment:

Mark Allman said...

I wanted to read your first post because I have not been along for the whole journey!