Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friends. Of the Facebook Variety.

You have one friend request.

Oh, yeah. There’s nothing like a Facebook friend request. What? Someone wants to be friends with little ol’ me? How sweet! Well, who wouldn’t want to be friends with me; that’s the question!

The anticipation of who it could be is usually – no, always – more exciting than seeing who it actually is.
That’s why it’s always best to savor the moment. It could be ANYone behind that blank head and shoulders icon. Nonchalantly, I’ll do other things on Facebook – look at pictures, update my status – all to allow me time to enjoy the fact that someone wants to be my friend.

Finally, when I can’t stand it anymore, I click on it. Usually, it’s no one earth-shattering. A lot of times it’s someone I don’t even know, so I instantly hit ignore.

Well, that’s that. Now I just have to wait for another mysterious stranger who thinks I’m cool enough to add me as a friend.

It’s the simple things...

This is the Facebook Friend Request T-Shirt from http://www.zazzle.com/. 

No comments: