Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Haiku, Youku, We All...Um...

My blog makes me work
Thinking, staring, what to write?
Just type anything.

This is my haiku. I wrote it in honor of National Haiku Poetry Day, which was on Tuesday. I also wrote it in honor of writer's block.

Man, keeping this blog is tough work. I try to write on it on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week. I write my library's blog on Tuesday and Thursday. So yeah; that's a lot of ideas.

Sometimes I hit on something excellent and popular and perfect. Sometimes I string just the right words together, develop interesting ideas, passionately argue.

Other times, I write about bobby pins.

It's a discipline, I must say. Obviously I wish that all my blog posts are spot-on works of genius. But I think it's better to be writing something than nothing. Who knows? Something wonderful could come out of my ramblings.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I totally understand! I keep telling myself I need to keep making the time, but sometimes you're just so drained you can't think of something to write.

Laura said...

It's an exercise in discipline, that's for sure!