Friday, April 13, 2012

My Hair Ate Them

Okay, seriously. Where do the bobby pins go?

I have bought dozens and dozens of bobby pins over the course of my life. I just have to keep replacing them. One would ASSUME that if one keeps them all in one place and only take them out to put in one's hair and then puts them BACK when one is done... one would not have to replace bobby pins that often. One would think.

But I have to hoard my pins. I'm down to about 6, and that number is dropping. They disappear as fast as a wayward contact lense. You know how when you drop one they are suddenly gone and if you're lucky enough to locate it (the clock is ticking!) it's stuck to the most random surface possible? Like that. I drop one and it's gone. I put 5 bobby pins in my hair and then take out only 4. What is the deal?

Which brings me to the title of this post. Is it possible? Is my thick, naturally curly hair just devouring my bobby pins? Admittedly, there have been times when, after thinking I've removed them all, I've found one lingering pin deep within my lustrous locks.



I've got to get myself to the store.

No comments: