Monday, April 16, 2012

I'm Too Cool for This

Sunglasses. Shades. Sunnies (that's Australian slang - I didn't just invent it).

It's time to bring them out!

Well, unless you've been wearing them all through the winter to protect your eyes. I haven't been. So I found three pairs hanging around my room and now I'm trying to coordinate them so I always have a pair with me.

Ha.

The other day I found two pairs in my purse at the same time. Another day I could barely see and there were no pairs to be found. People have told me to keep a pair in the car always, but I wear them into whichever building I'm going into and then I forget to leave them in the car again. So that doesn't work.

My sunglasses are pretty normal looking. Pretty sure I'll never be able to pull off the big bug-eyed celebrity look. One of my pairs leaves marks on my nose, so that's interesting.

One of the more exciting things about finally getting contacts when I was about 18 was that I could now wear normal sunglasses. Don't get me wrong, those clip-on sunglasses are just as way cool, hip, and with it as a fannypack or socks with sandals, but it was nice to be normal finally. I can slide on shades just as cool as can be, no worries.

Unless I forgot it was going to be sunny all day and I wore my glasses. Which happens more than you might think...

Put on your sunnies and get outside today!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I hope you remembered your sunnies today:-)