Monday, April 9, 2012

Use Your Elbows!

So when did Easter egg hunts turn into the kids' version of Black Friday?

I keep hearing these crazy stories of egg hunts turning ugly or even being canceled due to the unruly kids and parents! Come on, people.

I know egg hunts are competitive. But let's try to stick to common courtesy! Not to mention, these so-called egg hunts are more like egg races. Eggs aren't hidden, like they were in my day, they're just scattered in fields. In these cases no one's searching, they're just fighting to get to the eggs first! And the parents are egging them on. (Haha, see what I did there?)



It's just silly. Everyone knows kids taking on kids in epic battles for prizes (Hunger Games, anyone?) isn't the point of Easter. Reese's chocolate peanut butter eggs are! Just kidding....

I hope you all had a great Easter with your family and friends. I made a few loaves of makowiec, which is a traditional Polish poppyseed bread. It took a while to make, but it was worth it. I ate about 17 pieces yesterday. Maybe that's an exaggeration. Maybe not. Anyway, I should go into business it was that. good. Want to try it out? Click here for a recipe.





Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Stephani said...

It was fun to run into you at the store the other day! I almost made a comment about how much I appreciate your blog, but my brother was too preoccupied that I actually knew someone in the store. lol. I appreciate your perspective. (And I am quickly becoming a Hunger Games junkie... oh well.)

Hannah said...

Love poppy seed roll. I'm a Polish girl and I always look forward to the yummies that come out at Easter. It's the best time for Polish food.

Laura said...

Good to see you too, Ani! Glad to hear of your conversion to The Hunger Games...

Hannah - they're the best, aren't they?? Yay for Polish heritage!